Agia Triada

A royal villa or small Minoan palace was discovered at the archaeological site of Aghia Triada, which is situated at a distance of 2800m west of Phaestos. The Minoan name of the villa is not known and it is called after the small church which was built on the site in the 14th century, Aghia Triada (Holy Trinity). The villa was built on a hill around 1600 BC and is believed to have been the summer residence of the king of Phaestos, as it was connected to the palace by a paved road. Around 1450 BC the royal villa was destroyed and was no longer inhabited