This four-room building set is located on the northern slopes of mt. Juchtas, 3 klm away from Archanes and 7 klm south of Knossos. It was destroyed by an earthquake in 1700 BC.
What is important about this site is the evidence of human sacrifice in the Minoan period, that was discovered in the west room of the building. Three skeletons were found in positions that indicate that they all had a violent death. An 18-year-old male was found with his skeleton tied up very tightly and a 40cm long bronze dagger was found among his bones. It is estimated that he died from loss of blood.
A 28-year-old female was found spread-eagled in a corner of the room and a male in his late thirties, with his hands raised as though to protect his face and his legs broken by falling building debris. In the entrance hall another skeleton was found carrying a clay-vessel filled with the blood of the victim.
The destructive earthquake took place while the sacrifice was carried out and the collapsing roof killed three of the four individuals found there, as the 18-year-old was probably already dead.